Saturday, January 16, 2010

RIP Dave

Tonight I attended a party devoted to our friend who passed away on Christmas Eve. Well, in truth he did not pass away but he died in a car accident.  His name was David, and we wanted to be a healer, a doctor.  He is remembered by all to be an amazing friend and a devoted person.  He was truly the nicest guy you could ever meet.  I first met him in one of my classes at CUA my freshman year.  He was witty and charming.  Not really class clown, but he could make you smile even when what he was saying wasn't all that funny.  He wasn't one of those guys who stood out in a crowd, he sort of blended in, but for those who knew him, he was a comforting when you were alone in a crowd.  I did not get to know him that well in classes, but it just so happened that he was also really great friends with my boyfriend, so I got to see him quite often outside of school.  The greatest thing about Dave was that he was there.  He wasn't just that guy you know and never saw.  When he was in a room, he wouldn't ignore you.  He talked to everyone and made everyone feel welcome.  I'm trying to write down  what I remember of Dave, but it's kind of hard.  All I can do is smile as the memories of things he did flow through my head.  The world lost a great kid on Christmas Eve.  He really wanted to help the world.  There aren't enough guys like him here, it's sad that he couldn't complete what he wanted.  But at least he got to help a girl like me, and the many others who claim to be his friend.  I hope you are comfortable where ever you are Dave.  And I hope you know that did wonders in this world, you made us smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment