Sunday, May 2, 2010

Don't Look Back...Just Remember It

I must admit that I made a mistake.  For the past few weeks I have been looking back and clinging to an old idea.  Depression can do that to you.  I was looking back on something that I knew I lost, but it was for the better.  Because I let this idea go, I have been able to move forward and grow into the person that I am now.  If I had stayed with that old idea, none of this would be possible.  But the truth is, I really loved that idea.  It's one of those idea's that makes you smile just remembering it.  But I looked forward again yesterday, and realized I was only looking back at the past.  I have a lot of things back there.  Mostly sad, heart wrenching things, but there are a few special good ones.  I have learned a lot from my past, those experiences and realizations.  My message to you today is don't look back.  Stop looking at what you have put behind you.  It will only be a distraction from what you are living and achieving now.  Though don't purposely forget what you have put behind you.  Those are the things that you have built yourself upon.  Keep building.  Keep living.  It will all work out in some way or another in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment