Friday, January 14, 2011

A New Year Brings New Opportunities

So it is finally 2011!  The year that me and my fellow classmates finish our undergraduate education... The year where I begin to really put my life together in society... The year that things really get to change!!!  It's about damn time.
Reflecting on 2010
I will admit that 2010 was not the best year for me.  I spent most of it pissed off, stressed, lacking in sleep, and just hating my situation.  I did learn a lot though.  Life lessons of course.  Things that I hope my friends, family and others also learned from.  I have to give props to certain friends who stood by me last year and who grew into some pretty awesome people...  Abbey, I love you sweety.  I am so proud of the woman that you are becoming.  You have dropped your high school blah and started to really come into your own.  I hope you have a great time in Europe this year.  I will miss you terribly.  Olivia, you and Louis have been through a lot and I can't wait to see what the future holds for you two.  I also cant wait to buy one of your paintings and be a future supporter of whatever you decide to do.  Heather, I think you going to Spain was an awesome idea.  You cracked your personal shell and took some steps in life.  I don't know what you plan to do yet, but I hope I'm there to see it.  You have a great heart.  Gabrielle, you are my kindred sister.  You are suborn and determined.  I like it.  I know that what ever you plan to do, it will be epic and exciting.

Looking at 2011
I am excited to see what this year has in store.  I have made several great friends who I believe will be life long companions.  I have started into a career that I am sure will help get me far.  I have established good relations with the family members that count.  It is only the beginning.
New Years Resolution
To Be Happy
I have chosen this resolution for several reasons, but what really matters is my outlook on life.  Last year I was not happy and I hated my life.  I appreciated and found happiness in people, places, and moments, but I was never truly happy.  So my goal for this year is to establish happiness.  Break the barriers that I have placed around me.  Chisel some of the ice that I have surrounded my heart with.  I know it won't be easy, but I think the odds are on my side this year.  Things are going to be getting better.

No comments:

Post a Comment