Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Peace of Mind

Every day I sit and meditate for 10 to 30 minutes.  This is what I like too think of as my "ME" time.  I calmly try to think through the events of my day and the different things that I know are coming up. Then, slowly, I let go of everything... like a check-list.  I remind myself that these are only tiny pieces of my day, and that they have no hold on me...  I decide how my day will begin and how it will end...
I will admit that this whole process seems to get harder and harder as I get older... as I progress in my scholarly status... as I continue in taking on new projects as work...  in meeting and getting to know new people... in dealing with the issues of other people.... It makes life really complicated.  I have to keep reminding myself that this is how life works... it is an uphill battle.  When you think you are in a good place in your life,... a tragedy happens, or your mind reflects on a bad thought, or someone brings you their burdens and asks you to help hold them up...  It is just the way of things.  But you can decide how you will remember your days, how you will progress.
It is amazing how sitting in one position, closing your eyes, and slowly breathing in and out can be so releaving.  It can complete change your out-look on things, it can release some of the pressure on your mind.
To all my friends and loved ones, plus those of you that I do not know, I would like to encourage you to take a moment to breath.  Close your eyes and just breath.  Push your thoughts aside, and just be with your self for a second or two... Then I promise you that taking on the world will be just a little bit easier for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment