Friday, August 20, 2010

Food for thought...

I was thinking about the whole word thing again.  And I of course was trying to figure out a way in which I could find or discover my word...  I actually asked a random lady at work today, (note: I haven't known her very long, like two maybe three weeks, she is in her 40's though) "when you look at me... really look at me... what is the first word that comes to your mind?"
For those of you who think this is a weird question to ask basically a complete stranger, well I will agree with you.  But here is what I was thinking... Who you are... on the inside, like your core self, could it be more easily noticed or well recognized by a person who doesn't know you, a person who has no real opinion or history with you?...  You know how they say that your first impression means everything, or at least it's really really important.  Well, along those lines are what I believed might be a way of interpreting or alluding to one's word.
And her answer... was Passion.
I asked her why she chose that word and she said it was simple, "She could see a passionate soul through my eyes."  What drove that passion or what was it's source she did not know.
So how about that folks?  I personally do not think that is my word... or maybe it is, but if it was your word, don't you think that you would be able to recognize it... at least in some fashion?

3 comments:

  1. My opinion? I think we all are afraid of really looking at who we are as a person and what is good about ourselves. Sometimes its hard to acknowledge or be able to see the good aspects of ourselves and to see what other people see. For example. My ex-boyfriend asked me about my roommate who I lived with last year and if she was back yet and I said yes she came back and her whole extended family brought her back. He asked why did her whole family have to come to bring her back? I said I have no idea they are probably all close and I always took the train back on my own. I told him I never understood really why it was always a brigade of people to bring him back. He told me that you are self-sufficient and you are independent. He said that I didn't need your hand to be held all the time. I was kinda shocked because I never saw myself like that. Sometimes people can't see what is right in front of them unless its blinking red saying hey this is it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think passion is a good word for you. Everything you do is done whole hearted or not at all. It takes passion to be that way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would actually say that passion is a perfect word for you. While I ditto the previous two comments, I also want to say that I don't think I've ever seen you do anything WITHOUT passion. You care about your life, the people in it, and the things you do, and your passion for all of that is what drives you to be the strong and successful person you are.

    ReplyDelete