Sunday, June 6, 2010

Southern Charm

The thing about Nashville and most of the state of Tennessee is that no matter where you go you are welcomed with a smile and a helping hand.  Whether you are trying to see the city, travel through the country side, discover something new and musical, or just trying to get your stuff out of your car, Tennesseans are always willing to help.  I have lived outside of the state of Tennessee for three years now, and I am still baffled by how different the rest of the country is from my southern home.  Truthfully, Tennessee moves at a bit of a slower pace.  People actually take the time to enjoy the air and embrace the sunshine.  Everywhere you go, someone is willing to strike up a conversation with you about almost anything.  If you are thinking of family and friends, plus a good time, or reminiscing on good times, you have found the place.  I am proud to say that I am a Tennessean, and I am glad that I am able to show the people in Washington, DC, Maryland and all of my college peers what true Southern Charm is. 

No comments:

Post a Comment