Saturday, November 24, 2012

Thanksgiving and Black Friday Aftermath

Another holiday has pasted.  Our stomachs are overstuffed.  Our fridges are loaded with leftovers.  Our wallets feel a little loose.  And some of us have secret purchases hidden somewhere in our homes.
After Thanksgiving dinner I brought home enough leftovers to feed me for a week, at least.  Vegetarian Shepard's Pie, Fried Pierogies, Stuffed Mushrooms, Green bean Casserole, and Brown bag Apple Pie.  If I were to eat all of this alone, I'm sure I would start the holiday weight gain, but that is not going to happen this year.  Being the controlling type A personality that I am, I have frozen most of it and have planned meals so that I won't find myself entering a food comma every night.  A delicious food comma it might be, but food commas are not healthy.  I am trying really hard to enjoy a healthy(ish) holiday.  This is not the best time of year for healthy(ish).  To those of you trying like I am, I wish you good luck.
For the last few Black Fridays, I have purchased gifts for family and friends, in addition to getting necessary things for myself.  This year however, due to financial strain, I did not purchase gifts.  I instead got the neutral bras I needed from Victoria's Secret and tea candles from Yankee Candle, small treats for myself this holiday season.  From what I noticed, the Walmart parking lot was full, as well as most of the other shopping centers.  It was nice to see that people were still going all out this time of year, buying gifts and thinking of others.
So now that we are done with Thanksgiving, it is time for prepping for Christmas.  Though honestly, I prefer saying X-mas.  I've got a box of lights to hang to spruce things up and the gifts I am making this year have been prepped.  I am really looking forward to what I am going to be making.  It will be meaningful, simple, and delicious.  
So let the holiday music begin! Can everyone make special requests for Bing Crosby, Frank Sinatra, Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Armstrong?! They are who I enjoy listening to this time of year.

No comments:

Post a Comment