Friday, March 12, 2010

Spring Break 2010

So did I do anything spontaneous this Spring Break... absolutely not.  I instead decided to embrace the peace and quiet.  There was a bit of a rough start to it due to the new neighbors, but after that, things got much better.  Of the 8 days that made up my break, I went to the office for 4 and worked at home for the rest.  I spent three afternoons walking around the city while the weather was good.  I went to my favorite store... Barnes and Noble... got a coffee, and walked around looking at books for a few hours.  I got the 7th and 8th books in my vampire series, another Nora Roberts series (2 books), a work-out book, and two GRE books, one for the general test and one for the Literature subject exam.  I cooked absolutely delicious meals, while being extremely health conscious.  And gave my apartment the deep down spring cleaning it deserved.  I'm pretty proud of myself.  I sort-of wish that I could have hung out with my friends or did some out on the town nights, but I guess I'm not that type of girl.  I enjoy the solitude and the peace.  Don't get me wrong, I like doing all the other things, it's just nice to have the peace and quiet.

1 comment: